Class Reflection

I've learned many things about myself in this class. I was conflicted over my career path and I couldn't figure it out on my own whether I would be a good fit. I liked doing the True Colors assignment because it showed that I scored high in two areas. It made me realize that I can follow procedures and keep the same routine. This would really fit well with computer networking because it's basically the same set up, installation and trouble shooting. My other score strives to seek knowledge which would be perfect because technology will be continuing to change. This will require me to constantly be learning new things.
My micro skills were narrowed down to efficiency, flexibility, tolerating repetition and a few more. I've had some interest in the suggested occupations and it was great to get further detail on the duties of those. I always thought I could handle an administrative assistant job because that meant following a certain procedure and having tasks delegated to them. I like to be challenged with problems and I can analyze situations well to come up with possible solutions. It was great to see a huge list of skills to start with because we could add those to our current resumes.
I wasn't surprised by my MBTI results. It was unexpected to already have been working in careers that would have fit my personality. I've always had doubt in that.  I always wanted to work by myself because I could create my own rules and standards. I'm pretty stubborn in delegating tasks to others because that means giving up responsibility and having to trust them to complete the task properly. The ideal careers for ISTJ appear to be challenging which open up many chances to problem solve.

I learned that my theme code was investigative, conventional and realistic. The most popular occupations for ISTJ's are engineers and investigative interests are strong in science and research. Taking these assessments made me confirm that I want to do my major with computer networking. It's a career that involves a lot of learning, working with computers and troubleshooting various problems. I work most days so I devote my only time off to focus on doing assignments. I know it would be ideal to do small amounts across the week but I’m motivated by stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment