True Colors

My True Colors results were both equally high in “Gold” and “Green”. I do agree that I like to follow a certain procedure when it comes to my work. Gold prefers following the rules and doing things in a specific way. I don’t mind having the same routine over and over. It’s viewed as a goal that keeps me motivated. I always imagined that I could do well in a career that required following a standard. I do think it’s interesting that Green strives to seek knowledge but that may not follow authority or following another's standard. Blue is all about doing both those things. I do value my independence and I like to work alone on my projects so I think Green is more fitting.
I used to have an interest in becoming a graphic designer or a medical transcriptionist.  I already have many years of experience being a freelancer in web design and graphics. I’ve made many webpages, blog layouts, brand logos and business cards. I like a process that is unique. I’m definitely a creative person that loves to use a computer and programs. A creative career definitely requires so much communication. The downside is that others may not understand what you are talking about and you have to explain it in a way that will help them.
The best part about freelancing is people are choosing you based on your own aesthetics and the quality you bring forward. If you happen to get hired by a company to design for all kinds of clients, then that means you will have to tolerate criticism and respect their wishes on their projects. You can’t force change on a client that is paying you for something specific but you can try to communicate with them what will work and what will likely not.
I had a short lived interest as a medical transcriptionist because I found out you could do this from home. It requires learning to interpret information towards translation and transcribing it. It’s a demanding job because you have to learn medical terms and understand abbreviated words. It has to be done in a specific way and timeframe. It may also require listening to audio as well. It’s a great option for those that need a stay at home career or have a disability. I have done research into this before and you have to pass certain certifications then try to get a job working in an office for a year or more before you get to transcribe but unfortunately the demand is no longer high.



No comments:

Post a Comment